Lil Wayne Reportedly Threatens To Shut Down Young Money Records


The beef between Lil Wayne and Birdman appears to have reached a boiling point.

According to a report by The Blast, Wayne, born Dwayne Carter Jr., is demanding that his Young Money Records label either be handled properly or shut down.

The rapper has allegedly filed legal documents asking a judge to “appoint a receiver to supervise the operations of Young Money Label joint venture or order the termination of Young Money Label joint venture and appoint a liquidator.”

Birdman, real name Bryan Williams, has responded to the filing. He says Wayne is still under contract. Therefore, he has no right to shut the label down.

This latest development stems from Wayne’s complaint that he’s been stiffed out of millions of dollars by Young Money’s parent company, Cash Money Records, Which is co-owned by brothers Birdman and Ronald “Slim” Williams.

In January of 2015, Wayne filed a $51 million breach-of-contract lawsuit against Cash Money.

The “She Will” hit maker claims he was supposed to get an $8 millionadvance when he began recording “Tha Carter V” in December of 2013 and another $2 million when it was completed a year later.

According to Wayne, he never received a dime of the money. “Tha Carter V” has languished ever since, with no release date in sight.

The joint venture between Young Money and Cash Money was launched in 2003. Under the agreement, Wayne owns 49 percent of the company. Cash Money owns the remaining (majority) 51 percent.

Original Source: http://www.thisis50.com/profiles/blogs/lil-wayne-reportedly-threatens-to-shut-down-young-money-records-v

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *