The renown entrepreneur, music producer and actor is producing music, business and lifestyle content for FOTV’s 24/7 television channel
Beverly Hills, CA – August TK, 2016 – FilmOn.TV Networks and Dame Dash Studios announced today the launch of Dame Dash TV on the streaming television provider filmon.com. FilmOn.TV Networks is part of FOTV Media Networks Inc., the interrelated group of digital media companies which produces and distributes hologram, virtual reality, 360 and premium Hollywood content globally with an audience of more than 75 million monthly unique users.
A broad slate of original programming has been developed and produced by Damon Dash, all supporting an ethos of entrepreneurship, independence and community. Guests on the shows of Dame Dash TV include Snoop Dogg, Chris Brown, Faith Hill, Mos Def, Kelly Rowlands, RZA, Method Man and many others. The channel will also debut the highly anticipated “Movie Mix Tape” version of the Dash and Kanye West produced action features Loisidas and Too Honorable. Watch Dame Dash TV now.
Damon Dash has been a legendary figure in the music business ever since he co-founded Roc-a-Fella Records with Jay-Z in the 1990’s. Since then he has signed some of Hip Hop’s seminal artists, including Kanye West, developed and owned several major apparel lines including Rachel Roy, and written, directed, produced and acted in a long list of Hollywood movies and TV shows. Dash discovered Kevin Hart and produced Lee Daniels’s first two films The Woodsman and Shadow Boxer. Dash is currently a star of the BET show Music Moguls.
Dame Dash TV will reach FilmOn.com’s 75 million monthly users around the world and the will content span the wide range of the polymath’s interests: business, travel, music (both hip hop and rock and roll), comedy, fashion and the good life. What links it all is Dash’s irrepressible spirit and a motivational undercurrent: the message is that you can achieve your dreams by believing in yourself, and by being an independent businessperson supporting your community.
“Damon Dash has succeeded in the ways that matter to me most,” said Alki David, CEO of FOTV Media Networks. “Always on his own terms, always the boss. We’re very pleased to be able to spread his wisdom, his musical acumen and inside access to top artists to FilmOn.com’s audiences across the globe.” FOTV announced this week the effectiveness of its SEC registration statement and pricing of its Initial Public Offering.
Some of the shows already airing on Dame Dash TV at launch include:
· The Dame Dash Show: An informational show with lessons on how to succeed in business, packed with exclusive guests.
· Black Rock: A documentary show about the making of the Dash produced album Black Rock, featuring indie rock breakouts the Black Keys, Raekwon the Chef, Q-tip, Jim Jones and more.
· Intelligent BOSS Moves: In which Dash and Dr. Boyce Watkins provide a blueprint for running your business.
· Went to China: The first in a series of travel shows in which Dash and guests go in search of like-minded individuals in countries around the world.
· International Grizzly: A different kind of travel show, in which Dash loads up a private jet with special guests and heads to global music and fashion capitals like Amsterdam, Milan and Paris.
· Hip Hop Motivation: An informative show hosted by Dash and Kenyatta Griggs with special guests such as Cam’ron and independent people from other walks of life such as boxer Andre Berto.
· The Secret to Ballin: The Hip Hop and business world’s most successful artists and execs guide viewers on how to achieve their dreams featuring motivation from stars like Snoop Dogg, Redman, Kelly Rowlands, Faith Evans, Chris Brown and more. Secrets to success viewers can use.
· Mixed Nuts: Sketch and standup comedy hosted by Smokey Suarez (Paper Soldiers, State Property, Criminal Minds).
“What you’re watching now is the DNA of the millennial generation from my point of you,” said Damon Dash. “This synergy with FilmOn’s global platform is going to get our content out to an even broader audience. We’re getting bigger. And stay tuned for scripted content soon.”
Dame Dash TV will also incorporate Dash’s successful clothing line Poppington.
Known as the CEO and founder of the fashion house Rachel Roy, Dash founded Poppington to show his own personal point of view of fashion. “Poppington showcases my lifestyle, my sensibility,” says Dash. “We’re building an app that will let you buy the clothes you see on Dame Dash TV on FilmOn.com.”
Dame Dash TV joins hundreds of channels on FilmOn.com with business and lifestyle content, including dozens devoted to Hip Hop and urban culture.
FOTV and its affiliated companies have a long history of supporting the Hip Hop community, having most recently live streamed Hot97’s SummerJam around the world, and in the past streaming concerts by Chief Keef, Bone Thugs N Harmony, Akon, Rihanna and many more. FOTV’s Hologram USA FOTV Productions is producing a hologram show around the life and music of Big Pun.